Monday, March 21, 2005

Weakness leaving...

"Pain is weakness leaving the body."

I hope that is true. Ever since I started rowing with Tom, Ernie, Bill and Steve in 1990, I have had a love-hate relationship with my ergometer. A few years ago I logged 1 million meters in one year, just to get the silly little patch that Concept II gives to people who claim to have "rowed" on an erg that far in 12 months. Rowing on it reminds me of my son Mike as a child...he hated to get in the bathtub, then hated to get out. Every morning, I circle that erg in my mind, dreading the pain it causes, but once the workout is over I hate to quit. (Just kidding.) I am shooting for another 1,002,862 meters between now and June 2006. That is a daily average of just over 3,000 for 315 erg days.

I just hope I get rid of lots of weakness for all this..

MORE...updated Saturday 2 April...
Erged 21,300 meters in March at modest splits - only about 2:15. It is scarry how fast the body gets out of shape. Headed for 35,500 in April, and 1,003,000 meters before 30 June 06.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home